Here we are going to talk about sleep disorders and the 5 best foods to enhance your sleep. It is a well-known fact that diet plays a vital role in regulating the healthy functioning of the body.
But did you know that sleep, an important physiological need, can also be affected by your diet? Inability to sleep is a common problem among people and various physical, mental, or environmental factors can play this problem. While it is true that some medications can help provide relief and comfort to the body but relying too heavily on drugs will do more harm than good. In addition to giving the body sleep medicine, other treatment methods such as diet and lifestyle regulation should also be followed.
Foods for sleep disorders:
Following are some foods and beverages which will help you to get rid of sleep disorders and get good sleep:
1. Honey: Honey is known as shahad, it is a very popular sweetener and is widely consumed as a substitute for sugar. Honey has a lot of good properties like it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant. Consuming this sweet elixir before bed is also associated with improved sleep quality. All you have to do is drink a glass of warm water or milk mixed with a spoonful of honey.
2. Milk: How many times have you heard people recommend warm milk before sleeping for good sleep. If you’re wondering whether this wise suggestion will be of any use to you, rest assured because it will! Several studies have shown the effect of milk to improve sleep quality. In addition, warm milk before bed can also reduce stress and anxiety. Warm milk before bed is the best meal to get rid of sleep disorders.
3. Nuts: Want to get a night of better sleep? Grab a handful of your favorite nuts and, well, go crazy over it. Nuts are known to be excellent food items that are versatile and delicious. In addition to being a source of healthy fats and omega 3 fatty acids, some nuts are also rich in melatonin and may help improve your mood and sleep quality. Some nut varieties that you can add to your list of munching on your bedtime can include almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc.
4. Fatty fish: Do you like seafood? If so, eating a certain type of seafood for dinner may benefit your sleep. Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, anchovies are very good sources of omega 3 fatty acids. This nutrient is very popular for its mood-boosting quality and it will definitely help you to get better sleep and get rid of sleep disorders.
5. Tea: This popular drink is an integral part of indian culture. If you can’t start your day without a cup of tea, then we have good news for you. We are going to tell you why you should end your day with a cup of tea. There are different varieties of tea available, some common varieties are – lavender tea, green tea, chamomile tea, Darjeeling tea, and more. Certain varieties of tea are known for their therapeutic effects due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These benefits of tea also make it a sleep-enabling beverage. Some common types of herbal teas that can help enhance the quality of your sleep include chamomile tea, lavender tea, passionflower tea, etc. It is worth noting that some varieties such as matcha tea can contain excessive caffeine and should be avoided before bedtime.
These are the top 5 foods to get rid of sleep disorders and enhance good sleep. Try to add some of these foods to your daily diet so that you can get rid of sleep disorders.
If you have any query then contact us and if you like the article then subscribe to us and leave a comment.
Follow us on Instagram for motivation health and fitness content. Fitnessaddictionhub