Here we will talk about how to improve eyesight and foods good for eyes and natural reasons behind low eyesight like you are watching tv, computer, mobile etc. a lot and you are not giving enough rest to your eyes or you are not providing nutrition to your eyes. here we will not talk about any kind of eye disease. Because I am not a doctor. If you guys are having any kind of eye disease you should consult an ophthalmologist. There are few things which you can do to maintain your eyes health and vision. And these things are definitely your foods, which you are taking in your daily diet and you need to take a look at your daily diet that what are you eating and is that good for your eyes. A healthy lifestyle is the best way to get rid of any kind of disease. the best way to take care of your eyes is the taking care of your whole body. If you take care of your whole body then your eyes will definitely be in good condition. We should choose a healthy diet and regular exercise to be a healthy person. There is no other way or shortcut to keep your eyes healthy. You should eat those foods which foods are good for your eyes. In this article, we will talk about how to improve eyesight naturally at home and which vitamin and minerals or foods good for the eyes and from where we will get that vitamin or minerals.
Here I am going to share few nutrients which will definitely help you in how to improve eyesight:
1. Vitamin A: Vitamin A is one of the most common causes of blindness. This vitamin is essential for improving your eyes’ light-sensing cells, also known as photoreceptors. Vitamin A also plays an important role in vision by maintaining a clear cornea, mucous membranes and skin be effective barriers to bacteria and viruses, reducing the danger of eye infections, respiratory problems and other infectious diseases, If you don’t consume enough vitamin A, you may experience night blindness, dry eyes, or even more serious conditions, depending on the severity of your deficiency. Some studies also showed that eye drops that contain vitamin A are effective for the treatment of dry eyes. Vitamin A eye drops are also effective for the treatment of a specific type of eye inflammation which is called superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis. Increasing vitamin A-rich foods in your diet could be the best answer to how to improve eyesight.
There are two type of vitamin A which depends the type of food it comes from:
A) First type of vitamin A comes from animal-derived foods and is called retinol. This type of vitamin A can be directly used by the body. This type of vitamin A comes from milk, eggs etc.
B) The second type of vitamin A comes from vegetables and fruits and it is in the form of “provitamin A” carotenoids. This type of vitamin A is converted by the body into retinol. The main foods for this kind of vitamin A are carrot, sweet potato, spinach etc.
2. Vitamin C: Your eyes require high amounts of antioxidants more than any other organs. These antioxidants protect your eyes from free radicals, these free radicals can damage your eyes. Vitamin C is also required to make collagen, a protein that provides structure to our eyes. Vitamin C also lowers the risk of cloudy eyes. And the high amount of vitamin C is found in many fruits and vegetables, like bell peppers, citrus fruits, guava, kale, cauliflower and broccoli.
3. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a group of fat-soluble antioxidants that protect fatty acids from harmful oxidation. Since your retina has a high concentration of fatty acids. Adequate vitamin E intake is important for optimal eye health. Although severe vitamin E deficiency may lead to retinal degeneration and blindness, it’s unclear whether supplements provide any additional benefits if you’re already getting enough from your diet. Vitamin E also help to protect your eye cells from damage by free radicals which can break down your eye tissues. The best dietary sources of vitamin E include almonds, sunflower seeds, and vegetable oils like flaxseed oil
4. Omega-3 fatty acid: The long-chain omega-3 fatty acid EPA and DHA are important for eye health. DHA is found in high amounts in your retina, where it may help in maintaining eye function. It’s also important for brain and eye development during infancy. Thus, DHA deficiency can impair vision, especially in children. Omega-3 fatty acids are important for normal infant vision development. The best dietary source of EPA and DHA is oily fish. Additionally, omega-3 supplements derived from fish or microalgae are widely available.
5. Zinc: Your eyes contain a high amount of zinc. Zinc is a part of many important enzymes, including superoxide dismutase, which functions as an antioxidant. Zinc is also important for our immune system, brain and other body parts. Zinc also appears to be involved in the development of visual pigments in your retina. For this reason, deficiency of zinc may lead to night blindness. The daily requirement of zinc is 8 milligrams per day for women and 11 milligrams a day for men but if women is pregnant then she should take 11 milligrams per day. Natural source of zinc include oysters, meat, pumpkin seeds, and peanuts.
6. Lutein and Zeaxanthin: The last and most important nutrient for your eyes are Lutein and zeaxanthin. Lutein and zeaxanthin are part of a family called carotenoids which is a group of beneficial compounds synthesized by plants. It helps to protect your eyes from harmful high-energy light waves like ultraviolet rays from sunlight. A study said that a high level of both in eye tissue is linked with better vision, especially in dim light or where glare is a problem. Foods which are having these 2 nutrients are spinach, broccoli and peas. Especially spinach has the highest amount of lutein and zeaxanthin. Increasing these foods in your diet could help you in how to improve eyesight naturally at home.
These are the few important answers of how to improve eyesight naturally at home. And you all must take these nutrients to improve your eyesight and vision. Studies suggest that taking important vitamins and minerals can slow down the progression of several different eye condition. You may also take the supplement of missing nutrients from your diet. So I think now you all have got know that which vitamin is good for eyes. Eating a balanced diet that is riched in protein, carbs, fat, vitamins and minerals not just healthy for the eyes but also for your whole body.
If you have any query then contact us and if you like the article then subscribe us and leave a comment.