Today we are going to talk about, how to increase hemoglobin, Whether you are a boy or girl doesn’t matter, you must have a normal level of hemoglobin.
Now let’s talk about what is hemoglobin, hemoglobin is a type of protein which present in red blood cell and it provides oxygen from lungs to the cell of each body part and takes back the carbon dioxide from the cell and release it into the lungs back.
So guys this is the work of hemoglobin, it works as an oxygen transporter in the body. Nowadays most people are having low hemoglobin level. This is not good for health, low hemoglobin levels usually mean that a person has anemia. This form of anemia occurs when a person does not have enough iron in their body, and it cannot make the hemoglobin it needs. Anemia is usually caused by blood loss, but can also be due to poor absorption of iron.
The normal level of hemoglobin is from 12-16 for women and 14-18 for men.
There are many things which can cause your low hemoglobin, such as:
- Iron deficiency
- Problem of liver
- Urinary tract infection
Now lets talk about How to increase hemoglobin :
We should eat iron-rich foods to increase hemoglobin, the following foods are having sufficient iron to increase your hemoglobin:
1. Eggs: Egg is a very good source of iron and protein, it gives us a lot of benefits. You can add eggs in your any diet whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, egg fits everywhere. A low level of iron or hemoglobin is a big concern for blood donor, so before donating blood you would have to increase your hemoglobin level and you can do this by eating eggs on daily basis.
2. Spinach: Spinach is rich in iron and it is a very good food to increase hemoglobin. It helps to create hemoglobin, which brings oxygen to the tissue of your body. You can grow spinach at your home in any pot and it can be grown all year around. But if you don’t want to grow it at your home then you can buy it from the market but make sure to wash it well after purchasing from the market. I suggest eating boiled spinach which I do.
3. Beans: Improving iron level in your body can be as simple as adding a few servings of beans to your diet. But while beans are a good source of iron, they also contain compounds called phytates that reduce iron absorption. Phytates are antioxidants, so it’s not bad to have these compound in your daily diet. But it’s easy to counter its effect on iron absorption by pairing iron-rich beans with foods that are high in vitamin C because vitamin C helps to absorb iron in your body.
4. Lentils: Lentils are the superfood for those who are suffering from a low level of hemoglobin. Half a cup of lentils contains about 3.3 milligrams of iron which is around 20% of your daily requirement. lentils are useful for vegetarian and non-vegetarian both to complete their iron deficiency. With iron, lentils are also a good source of protein.
5. Raisins: Raisin contains a very good amount of copper, vitamins and iron that are essential for the making of red blood cells and also carrying oxygen throughout the body. For the people who search for the answer to how to increase hemoglobin, raisins are the best answer.
6. Tofu: Tofu is a very good source of iron. It is most popular in vegetarian. Tofu is a soy-based food and a half cup (126gm) of tofu contains 3.4 mg of iron, which is around 19% of the daily requirement. Tofu is also a good source of thiamine, calcium, magnesium and selenium. Tofu is also a good source of protein and help in weight loss because 100gm of tofu contains only 76 calories.
7. Broccoli: Broccoli is such a nutritious food, it has a lot of health benefits. 1 cup (156gm) cooked broccoli contains 1mg of iron which is around 6% of the daily requirement. Broccoli is also a good source of vitamin C which helps your body absorb iron better.
8. Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are good source of iron. A serving of 28gm of pumpkin seeds contains 2.5mg of iron which is around 14% of daily requirement. Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of vitamin K, zinc and magnese. You can say pumpkin seeds are one of the best source of magnesium and a serving of 28gm of pumpkin seeds contains 40% of daily requirement magnesium.
9. Nuts: Nuts like peanuts, almonds, cashew, walnuts and hazelnuts are high in iron and they could be a good answer of how to increase hemoglobin. Nuts are the best in test and easy to carry for your snacks. Nuts are also good for your heart health because they reduce your LDL cholesterol from your body.
10. Whole-grain foods: Whole grain foods like wheat, cereals, oats and other whole-grain foods are good to boost your hemoglobin level because they are a rich source of iron. And these whole-grain food are also helpful in weight loss, improve digestion and control the level of cholesterol in your bloodstream. And the best thing about them is that they are high in fiber which helps to improve your bowel movement. I think these whole-grain foods are best in the list of how to increase hemoglobin in blood.
These are the iron-rich foods that you can add to your diet to increase your hemoglobin level.
You can also add the following food with vitamin B6, B7 and B12 because they also help to improve hemoglobin level.
2. Green beans
So guys these are the important foods for how to increase hemoglobin level and you can also add apple and Pomegranates juice in your diet, it will also help to maintain your hemoglobin level. You must add these foods to your daily diet because iron is an essential mineral that our body required and body can not produce it on its own.